The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Your name;
- Images of you;
- Your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number/ mobile number;
- Your marital status and/or anniversary;
- Your age and/or date of birth/ gender;
- Your payment mode details;
- Your demographic information, such as postcode;
- Your preferences and/or opinions;
- Your family and/work and/ education details;
- Your government id proof and/ signature;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- Details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- Your medical and health records;
- Your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- Information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- Any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- To consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, medical practitioners, healthcare providers and payment systems operators;
- Our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- Anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; [and]
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of India and
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of India.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside inside and outside India and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Indian privacy laws.
All personal information that we process is kept confidential on our secure database. We will use your personal information to provide you with our services, communicating with you regarding your subscription and responding to complaints, for administration and accounting, for marketing and to ensure that the content and services that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests.
If you have provided us with information about another person, you confirm that they consent to the processing of their personal information, including their sensitive personal information, and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal information will be processed
In the event that you (whether on your own behalf or on behalf of someone else) choose to pay for our services you will be required to provide your name, email, mobile no., address and payment account details, which will be passed immediately to our payment provider via a secure link. We will keep your name and address confidential on our secure database and process these in accordance with this Data Protection and Privacy Notice.
For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Indian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Sensitive information includes:
- Health information,
- Genetic information,
- Biometric information that is to be used for certain purposes, and
- Biometric templates
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Indian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification, and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behavior and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us at: